I’ve been in depression-mode for a while, I’m very sorry that I haven’t been posting any quality writing on the blog. Especially since the site-view spikes I get after I post something very short make me feel guilty that I’ve not provided anything decent for anyone to read in a very long time.
The truth is, sometimes creativity takes work. It’s very difficult (for me) to come up with interesting topics to write about for this blog, especially when I have to create interesting topics to write about for two other blogs now due to work. Personal writing has taken a toll. A very heavy toll. And that makes me very sad.
But. The other day, thinking about what I could possibly talk about that I haven’t already covered, I decided to give my readers a bit more of myself. I’m already a pretty open book, I’m very honest about who I am and what’s going on with me, but I’m usually only inspired to share the crappy stuff. The stuff that keeps me up at night and won’t allow me to move on until I’ve purged it here. Today, I’m not going to do that. I’m going to talk about my other side. The side that is pure awesome.
That’s right. I said pure awesome. Intrigued?
1. I’m awesome because I have a lot of passion for very little things. Like Softlips chapstick- it’s the only kind I’ll use. And Sunkist soda- the best foods and beverages are orange, afterall. And pens- if you haven’t figured out my love of pens yet, what are you still doing here? I love writing with a pen for a couple of hours and then pulling it apart to see how much ink I have left in it. Stupid, yes, I’m aware. But I don’t really care if it’s stupid. I like it.
2. I’m awesome because I’m independent. I’m not always good at being independent, but I try really hard to be. I work three jobs to pay my bills and I know how to change a flat tire on my own and while a man in my life would be nice, I certainly don’t need one. My friends like me single and fully awesome.
3. I’m awesome because I have a great memory for nonsense. I remember silly little stories like the time my friend Ashley made me walk into a tree while playing Ghost in the Graveyard as children- we both laugh whenever I bring that up. I can recall random facts that I read somewhere that really only have a fraction of something to do with the main conversation, but I tell them anyways. My boss asked me once if there was a song I didn’t know the lyrics to, which brings me to number 4.
4. I’m awesome because I love to sing, even if it sounds horrible. I learn the words to songs after only a few listens and I love my long commutes simply because I get to listen to the radio and sing at the top of my lungs while dancing in the driver’s seat and entertaining the other drivers around me.
5. I’m awesome because I genuinely enjoy doing nice things for other people. I love to make home-made ice creams cakes for the staff at work. I go above and beyond for my clients. I give compliments that are deserved and will make someone smile.
6. I’m awesome because I love to laugh. I like watching comedy specials on tv, I laugh aloud to books or movies. I’m not particularly funny myself, but I appreciate someone who is.
7. I’m awesome because I’m pretty realistic. I don’t make plans that are over-the-top or logistically impossible. I don’t expect a white knight on a noble steed to come charging up to rescue me. I know life isn’t always easy and most definitely isn’t fair. I see myself through unclouded lens.
8. I’m awesome because I know my limits. I’m not a good or particularly fun drunk, so I don’t drink a lot and when I do, I drink very little. I’m not good at sports, so I only play them occasionally with family and then usually to made up rules where it doesn’t matter how good you are.
9. I’m awesome because I can type pretty quickly. May not seem like something that’s too awesome, but I love the feeling of my fingers flying over the keys and letters and words suddenly appearing on the screen.
10. I’m awesome because I’m kinda a slob. But an organized one. Kinda. I am pretty messy in private, but at work, everything has a place. I’m super efficient and I know where everything belongs.
So, now, why are you awesome?