Take the time today to hop around to the participating blogs to learn a little about each author’s books. We’re going to be describing, in the most titillating fashion we can think of, what happens on Page 45.
Twenty-Five‘s page 45 is awesome, of course, but I’m going to describe Honor’s Lark‘s page 45 for you, because Honor really needs some love. She’s had a rough year… or thirty rough years, really. If you’re interested in what happens, perhaps you’ll want to scoot over to Amazon and pick up a copy for yourself or a friend… or thirty friends, maybe?
*This description is from the page 45 of the paperback edition of the book. E-book pages will vary.*
Setup – Honor’s Lark is about a world where every individual is born with a birth mark that matches another individuals, i.e. their life mate. They have an instinctual pull that helps them find their mate. Poor Honor is looking at spinsterhood at the ripe old age of 30, having never found her mate and not sure why. A new man enters her life (her boss Sedric) who helps her begin to understand what love truly is.
On page 45, Honor and Sedric are having a drink at a bar. They are traveling for work and Honor’s just gotten some really great news that made her feel like crap. He’s trying to get her to open up; he wants to be her friend. They are really just feeling each other out. One of my very favorite quotes from the whole book is on this page:
Honor uses lies and sarcasm to shield herself from a world where she doesn’t feel she belongs. Sedric calls her on her bullshit. It’s fantastic, really 🙂
This scene is the first time Honor feels empathy for another character in the book. She takes a long hard look at another person and realizes that maybe, just maybe, someone could understand her. So she tries to understand him.
And now it’s time for another GIVEAWAY!
One reader will win a one-pound package of caramels from Whitney’s Goodies. The winner will be able to choose their flavor from those listed below.
Unfortunately, this giveaway is open to residents of the USA only, but international readers we still love you!
- The Girl Next Door (Crème Caramels): A scrumptious, full-bodied caramel. Old fashioned, melt-in-your-mouth bliss!
- The Charmer (Chocolate Crème Caramels): This smooth, chocolate cream caramel will add panache to your day. An exquisite and elegant morsel, simply irresistible.
- The Movie Star (Orange Crème Caramels): A timeless treat that will satisfy caramel fans of all ages. “The stuff that dreams are made of!”
- The Bombshell (Lemon Crème Caramels): A bodacious bit of heaven with a bold citrus pallet. They will leave you satisfied and refreshed. Caramels are a girl’s best friend!
- Always a Lady (Rose Caramels): A delicate bouquet of rose essence infuses this lovely caramel: alluring, tantalizing and reminiscent of another era. They are perfect for weddings and bridal showers. A definite for ladies who lunch or breakfast at Tiffany’s.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, answer the following question in the comments section below. In 4 or 5 words, why do you think Honor’s Lark would be a good read?
Entrants must leave their full name, along with an e-mail address (Make sure you underline, bold, and highlight this as we must have a way to contact the winner!) A winner will be chosen via Random.org on Tuesday, May 19th.
Make sure to visit all of the participating blogs for more chances to win!
Honor’s Lark on Amazon
Twenty-Five on Amazon
Twenty-Five on Smashwords
List of Participants & Links