Seriously. She is wise beyond her years. I’ve been following her blog for two, maybe three months now, and she always has the most profound, yet entertaining, posts.
This Monday’s post (which I just read today) was all about finding happiness in the little things in life. I know that this isn’t a new concept, but it was something I really needed to see in print. She listed all the little things in life that make her happy and since my birthday has really gotten me down, I think it’s something I should do, too.
So here you go, little things that make me happy. I’m going to try and conclude every post with one from now on, but here’s a list to get me started:
1. The first sip of an ice-cold sunkist, straight from the bottle.
2. Geico commercials
3. Christmas traditions with my family
4. Writing my name and the date on the title page of a recently read novel
5. Seeing my freshly painted nails flying across the keyboard of my laptop
6. A perfect stranger asking me where I got my laptop because they’ve never seen a purple laptop before
7. Anyone telling me they’ve enjoyed something I’ve written
8. The minister announcing “I now pronounce you man and wife…” regardless of who’s getting married
9. Dancing with the Stars
10. Quoting lines from Friends
And to conclude this post properly, a little thing that made me happy today: A kid from the ortho’s office brought the whole staff churros from Costco because I had never had one. And they are delicious!