Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. I am such a blogging slacker. I don’t even have a good excuse, but for all 5 of you who read this (when you see it posted on my facebook page), here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Publishing Honor’s Lark! The book went live on May 13th on Amazon, with the official release (i.e. me telling everyone I know about it) on May 15th. Sales and reviews have been trickling in slowly (like really slowly. like glacially slowly. like the hare lapped the tortoise twice and is coming up on lap #3), but I’m so proud of it. Even if only one person buys it and reads it, I’ll be happy (and my mom did both, so I’m good!).
- Fulfilling a lifelong dream. My friend Brooke and I went on a 9 day trip to London, baby! It was amazing. I’ve been jokingly calling it my Jane Austen pilgrimage because we literally did everything I could find that was Jane Austen related. We went to her house in Chawton, which has been converted to a museum, and saw the rooms where she ate, slept, and most importantly – wrote. It was a literal dream come true. I cried. Not heaving sobs or anything, but dainty, Austen-like tears. (Hell, I cried when the plane landed in London.) We went to the British Library, where they have a copy of Persuasion written in her hand and her old writing desk. We went to the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, where she once lived. We walked streets and saw buildings she wrote about. We did a lot of other things in London and it was all amazing, but I would have been happy to just travel to Chawton and spend all day there.
- Celebrating. My friend Tracy Banghart’s self-published book, Shattered Veil, was bought by Alloy Entertainment as part of the launch of their Amazon digital first imprint! The book (which is amazing and you should definitely read) is now titled Rebel Wing and is available exclusively on Amazon. We went out last night and had a blast celebrating the awesomeness that is Tracy and her book. You should definitely go and check out the twitter feed from the party, after all, you need to know what the official hashtag (#flamingscorpion) is all about.
- Celebrating. My two best friends both had babies in May! I have two beautiful new nieces, Finley and Emerson. They are so sweet. I’ve been so busy, I’ve only been able to see Finley once, but I’m going to rectify that really soon.
- Celebrating. My sister is pregnant again! Another little boy or girl will be joining our family in January. Plus, we had an adorable Minnie Mouse-themed second birthday party for my niece Addison in June.
- Turning 30. Oh, the big 3-0. It came, it went, I survived. I even got a tattoo in honor of the occasion! Abby would be so proud.
3 thoughts on “Let me fill you in”
Awesome post! I’m surprised you didn’t post the picture of the #flamingscorpion! ❤
haha, that particular picture has not been uploaded to my computer yet
Congrats on your publication, your birthday and that awesome tat!